What’s on in Wormley and Turnford
If you’re running an event for the community and would like to have it listed on this page, contact us with all the details. Don’t forget to bookmark this page and check back regularly.
- Summer Holiday Activities The three Children's Centres in Broxbourne East, Arlesdene, Greenfield and High Trees have published details of their timetables over the Summer holiday period. Catering for children from 0 to 4 years, with siblings to 8 years welcome, there are family 'stay and play', and 'physical fun' sessions on offer, as well as well-baby drop in clinics with health visitors Continue Reading
- Want to start running but don't know where to begin? Couch to 5k is an NHS initiative to help people who would like to take up running to take the first steps. Lucy Kennedy is setting up a local group for women to take up this programme, partly funded by Herts Sports Partnership in conjunction with Your Town (Hoddesdon) and the Continue Reading
- Heroes Wanted - Wormley & Turnford Big Local are helping to support Broxbourne's involvement in the national Spring Clean on 4th March. The day is coordinated by the charity Keep Britain Tidy and involves some litter-picking to spruce up the local neighbourhood for the spring. Last year 90 volunteer hours across the Borough were given, so we’re hoping for Continue Reading
- This Sunday - Walking for Health in Broxbourne and Wormley This free walk is part of the Council's Walking for Health initiative. Download the programme of walks for all of February - click here - or visit the Council's website for more details.
- Craft stalls selling a range of seasonal items WT Big Local will have a stand at the Christmas Market to be held at The Queen's Head, on Saturday 17th December from Noon. Kids - come and get your face painted at our stall between 12 and 2pm. Find out more about the Christmas Market on the Queen's Head FaceBook page
- Free careers advice for Wormley and Turnford residents AFS (A Fresh Start) is working in partnership with WTBL to offer careers advice and support for residents. The Step Up Programme currently has places still available in the Wormley Turnford area; the scheme is based on flexible appointments that can be held at WTBL Hub, or a location to suit you. Download the Continue Reading
- At Cedars Park from November 3rd The Broxbourne and East Herts Volunteer Centre in Hertford is offering a personal development course to improve workplace skills and build confidence in everyday situations. I have done this course before and I really enjoyed it. It also really helped my overall outlook on my skill set, interacting with people and thinking about my cv. Continue Reading
- First Wormley Scout and Guide Group Bonfire Night 2016 Saturday 5th November 2016 at the Scout Hut, Cozens Lane West, Wormley. Gates open 5.30pm Display starts at 6.30 Download bonfire night flier for more information and ticket prices.
- Sunday 30th October Register from 9am, walk begins at 9.30 from Your Town Your Town are holding a FREE 5k Walk event around the Hoddesdon area. It will be a great way to do something active with the family as the route is buggy friendly and dogs are welcome. There is also a kids' quiz to complete en-route to make it more Continue Reading
- Multi-Games Days for children aged 4 - 12 WT Big Local are pleased to support HABS with their half term holiday camp programme in association with GC Sports Ltd . Youngsters will be kept active with various sports' themed sessions from Monday 24th to Thursday 27th October, delivered by qualified FA coaches. For more information click here to download flyer