News from WTBL
Find out about grants, partnership projects and the latest developments in our Big Local plan.
This Autumn, we are introducing a monthly newsletter, which can be accessed from the 'latest news' button on the home page, and will also be archived here on the News page.
- Opening night for the Pop-Up Cinema announced, Consultation over Wormley Community Centre, WTBL on Instagram, Easter holidays craft... Click here to download April's newsletter
- First screening at the Pop-Up Cinema WTBL and Wormley Free Church have set a date for the first film night - Friday 28th April. The inaugural showing, at the Free Church in Slipe Lane, will feature the 1980s classic Back to the Future. Doors open at 7pm for a 7.45 start and tickets are £3, or 4 for £10, including Continue Reading
- Plans for Pop-Up Cinema announced, Partnership Away Day, Drop-In Craft for Mother's Day... Click here to download March's newsletter
- Our Easter craft drop ins are the latest reason to come and visit us in the hub this April - children (accompanied by an adult) can come and create some spring masterpieces! Crafting will be available Tuesdays 3 - 5pm (4th & 11th April), Wednesdays 1– 3pm (5th & 12th April), Thursdays 10am - 12 NOON (6th & 13th April) Continue Reading
- Bright Starts Fitness is a new fitness programme for young children, based on themed games and exercises aimed at helping to promote positive attitudes towards healthy eating. The aim of each session is to get children moving and having fun but also provide them with the opportunity to familiarise themselves with fruits and vegetables in a fun, friendly and interactive Continue Reading
- Heroes Wanted for Spring Clean Up! Chinese New Year at HRC, Partnership Update, Ways to Get Active for Free. Click here to download February's newsletter
- Read The Mercury's article about Kacey's experience of setting up in business with the support of Wenta and WTBL Follow Kacey on FaceBook
- Free Netball Coaching for Women A course of six free netball sessions is taking place at the netball courts in Wormley Playing Fields in Church Lane, Wormley from 10am to 11am every Monday from 13 March until 24 April (except for 3 April). Back to Netball is a gentle introduction to the sport for female players aged 16 and over. The Continue Reading
- Consultant to conduct feasibility study into plans for Wormley Community Centre Applications now closed WTBL are looking for a consultant with experience in working with communities and, in particular, community buildings and spaces, who can explore the viability of WTBL's proposals for Wormley Community Centre. This is in response to recent council cabinet discussions surrounding the future of the Community Centre and motivated by Continue Reading
- Heroes Wanted - Wormley & Turnford Big Local are helping to support Broxbourne's involvement in the national Spring Clean on 4th March. The day is coordinated by the charity Keep Britain Tidy and involves some litter-picking to spruce up the local neighbourhood for the spring. Last year 90 volunteer hours across the Borough were given, so we’re hoping for Continue Reading